Saturday, August 13, 2011

The winner of the bonehead award for today is...

ME! I have many blonde moments in my life. My dear friend Darrin always says, "You're so pretty princess" when I make less than brilliant remarks. So most people won't be surprised by today's events.

Michael and I went to Target to pick up Dylan's acid reflux medicine refill. Since we were at Target (and I can never get out of there with 1 item) I also bought fruits and veggies to make a new batch of baby food, some sippy cups, and a couple other items. We also wandered through the toy section because Michael likes buying toys that Dylan will grow into.

We check out and walk out to the car. "The car's locked," Michael says to me. I reach into both pockets which are empty except for my phone. My heart sunk to stomach. I remembered getting the diaper bag out of the car and then putting it back figuring I wouldn't need it during the short trip. I had a sick feeling that I had put my keys in the bag before I put it back in the car. I felt terrible as I explained the situation to Michael.

I immediately called one of our friends who is always there for us, but got only voicemail. Thinking fast I called another friend who lived close and got lucky when she answered. I told her my predicament and she happened to be at Target too. She drove Michael home and he drove my spare key back to Target.

After Michael unlocked my car I opened up the diaper bag...my key was nowhere to be found. I was so sure it was in the diaper bag we hadn't bothered to look anywhere else. I thought I might have left it on the pharmacy counter so I ran in, but it wasn't there. We looked under the car and I even looked in the produce bags. I couldn't believe I just plain lost them.

I met Michael at home so he could drop his truck off before we went to get dinner. On the way I kept saying I was shocked I had lost my keys and I was grateful Michael wasn't mad at me for causing all this trouble. He told me he makes mistakes too. (Yet another reason I know I'm with the perfect guy!) When we arrive at our destination Michael gets Dylan out of the car and there are my keys in his car seat! I didn't even remember putting them there. What a crazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment