Thursday, August 11, 2011

Full of Grace NOT

Today I fell for the second time in two years at school (I fall a lot more other places). I have the grace of a water buffalo! Last year I fell backwards walking my students in from a fire drill and I was around 6 months pregnant. I got up, insisted I was fine, and took my kids back inside. My administrators followed me up and insisted (forced) me to go to the doctor. Of course I was fine, but I did appreciate the concern. Today I was walking my kids out to the buses and I turned to let them pass. My foot got turned where the sidewalk turns to grass and before I knew it gravity was beating me again. It seemed to happen in slow motion. I knew I was falling but couldn't stop it from happening; I could however try to keep my dress down as I was falling. I heard teachers around me ask if I was ok and I kept nodding, but I landed right on my tail bone and that hurt! I heard the teachers shooing the kids on. Some tears escaped and I got a little dirty, but after a moment I got up dusted myself off and felt a little sore but not majorly injured. My good friend, Sarah, apologized for worrying more about covering up my "lady parts" than any actual injury. I laughed at that. You have to have someone look after the important stuff! I reported my fall to my administrators and filled out an accident report. I have 24 hours if I need to go to the doctor. We'll see...right now I'm not exactly comfortable. At least I can look back on this and laugh. Sometimes I wonder what kind of ballet dancer I would have made!

2 comments:

  1. Finally - If they took x-rays . . . you must post! I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They wouldn't let me keep them or I totally would have! Better unless I sit down.

    ReplyDelete