Monday, August 29, 2011

Goodbye Old Friend...Hello Memories

Borders stores are closing and it makes me very sad. I love bookstores. When I was younger my dad and I would have special father-daughter days; usually spending part of the day in a bookstore. We would each go to our favorite sections (History for my dad and children's fiction for me) and get lost for hours. We never had a set time to leave; instead we would wait until we just found each other when the time felt right. I always got to pick one book to take home; which probably led to my book collection obsession. I love the look of overstuffed bookshelves. I want to buy a Nook someday, but I will never completely get rid of the real thing.





Anyway...Michael and I have been making frequent stops at Borders to check out the sales. We never leave empty handed. All of the stores are being liquidated and they are selling everything down to the last lightbulb. The last time we were there I commented to Michael that the artwork in the children's section was so neat I would love to have some of it, but it wasn't for sale. The discounts have gone up again so we had to make another trip. This time they were selling some of the artwork I had my eye on. Michael bought our favorite pieces and I can't wait to figure out how to use them in Dylan's room.


My favorite bookstore may be leaving me, but I will always have a piece of them in my life. Farewell old friend...I will just have to continue this tradition at another bookstore and if they all leave there is always the library I guess.





(Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality. Guess you'll just have to visit if you want to see how awesome they really are.)














No comments:

Post a Comment