Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Best School Year Yet

I want to start this post by saying that I have worked with many wonderful people in all of my years in education, and I have worked with many wonderful students. That being said I feel like this is going to be my best year yet!

One major reason I am having a great year is the fact that I work some pretty fantastic people. I work on a team of teachers who make going in (and leaving my little monkey at home) a little easier. The teachers I work with are great at collaborating and have positive attitudes. Plus, they are great friends. I love eating lunch and laughing so hard milk would come out of my nose...if I still drank milk out of those paper cartons. The people on my team aren't the only fabulous people in my building. The 6th grade teachers are really there for each other. Last year we were all new to what we were doing and we leaned on each other. When you have so much support it makes you a strong teacher. I may not work as closely with the 5th grade teachers, but they are supportive and friendly too. I am also incredibly happy about our administration. This is the 4th year I have worked with my principal and we really get along and I enjoy working for him. We lost our awesome assistant principal right before school started (she got a position as an interim principal), but gained a new assistant principal who has already proved he's up for the job.

Another reason I am having a good year is my class. Many people close to me and those I work with know that last year's class was a learning experience. But this year I have a group of sweet, caring, helpful students. We have been having a great time together. I tell them everyday how happy I am to be their teacher and they make it easy to come to school. I am hoping that we can really learn from each other this year and I can build a safe and nurturing learning environment. I want to see success in each of my kids. 

I am also really excited to continue with my graduate classes. I hope to learn many things I can share with my students. I hope I can get my students as excited about learning as I am.

I thought I'd share some pictures so you can see my home away from home. I've done my best to make it feel like a warm, inviting environment.

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

My area (with a wall of Dylan pictures)

Class Library

Smartboard
 Here's to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment