Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Monkey is One!

I realized recently that I never blogged about Dylan's first birthday and it is an event I want to remember. (Plus, blogging is a great way to procrastinate doing my grad work.)

Dylan has been our little monkey since before he was born. We decorated his nursery with monkeys, I got monkey clothes for him, and I even had maternity pictures taken with our favorite monkey. So of course his first birthday party had to be monkey themed.



I began searching Pinterest for ideas months before his actual birthday. Making his party outstanding became a small obsession. I wanted to make my own decorations, but I had never really done anything like it before. After months of work, and a tiny fortune (when you buy a little here and a little there over a course of time...it adds up) I had the results I wanted. Here's a peek into his party.

Banners: I added monthly pictures to the number ones.

Party favors: they were filled with yellow, green, and brown M&Ms.

Up close
Palm trees Michael and I worked on together.
Kids' favors: cute bears I couldn't resist!
Table center pieces: I thought the blue table clothes looked "ocean-like" with the palm trees.
Balloon Drop (Kids loved this!)
Fabulous monkey cake I ordered from a friend. It was yummy and cute!
Dylan's Smash Cake
He loved it!
Mommy and the birthday boy.
Michael asked me if I am only going to do this for his 1st birthday, and I told him probably. But, this party was so great I may change my answer on that one! I can't believe my little guy is growing so fast. I am happy to have so many pictures to keep these memories alive.






No comments:

Post a Comment