Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Goodbye to Another Summer

Today was my last day of summer break. Originally I was going to go to a workshop for the new common core standards, but yesterday I started feeling really bad about not being with my little man and I backed out. I am not normally this person, and I did feel terribly guilty. But, I feel more guilty about going back to work tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I love teaching and I am super excited about this year. I love getting a new group of kiddos every year and learning who they are and letting them get to know me. But I will miss Dylan more than words can express. There's something amazing about getting to be the first and last thing he sees everyday. I am actually tearing up as I write this...I think tomorrow may be a bit difficult.

I wanted our last day to be a blast! So, Michael worked from home (and is doing most of his work tonight so he could be with us during the day) and we took Dylan to the movies. At 10:00 AM, they have $1 kid movies everyday during the summer. We figured if Dylan cried or got antsy we wouldn't be out a lot of money. This week they were showing The Smurfs. Dylan LOVES Toy Story and will sit through any of them, but we weren't sure about The Smurfs. He did GREAT! We sat through the whole thing and he only got loud once, but I think he was yelling at Gargamel.

We then ran to Target to get a few things, grabbed lunch, and Dylan took a nap. (I took one too, because by this time I was struggling with a headache.) After his nap I wanted to take Dylan to Saxony Beach. It's this neat little beach area that is less than a mile from our house. I was really bummed when we got there and it was closed. We came home and I filled up his little pool and he had fun splashing away.

Next we took a family field trip to Lowe's (Michael tells Dylan it's Daddy's toy store) and got some home improvement ideas. We will be starting one very soon! After a yummy dinner at Noodles and Co we came home for our nighttime routine. Tucking my little monkey in tonight was hard because I know I won't see him in the morning...or all day. But I know when I pick him up I will get a BIG smile. I am going to work hard and be a good (great) teacher, but I will be counting the days until our two weeks off in October.

Here's to a great summer!






No comments:

Post a Comment