Thursday, January 23, 2014

Losing an "Appendage"

Ok, so I didn't really lose a body part...but this is what it felt like to not have my phone. Maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but anyone as obsessed or addicted to their phones as I am will understand.

Last night my phone wouldn't charge. I tried turning the charger when I plugged it in. I tried unplugging and replugging into several outlets. Nothing worked! Then my phone, with 3% battery life, died. I thought I would hyperventilate. I may be a little too dependent on this little device... My husband, who is more of a technophobe, let me use his phone as an alarm clock. I haven't had a real alarm clock in years.

Today was fine because I'm usually so busy teaching I don't use it much. The hardest part was not being able to snap random pics whenever I wanted. I scheduled an appointment at the Apple store for after school because you NEVER want to show up without one. That place is always nuts! Except today. I think the weather kept people away because there were more blue Apple shirt people than actual customers. They got to me 10 minutes before my scheduled time. After a diagnostic test it was decided I needed a new battery and it would take 30 minutes. Ugh!

So I walked straight to the food court for some fries! I want fries a lot these days (cravings!) and figured it was a good way to waste time. Without my phone I had to guess how long to be gone. (I was pretty good.) When I get back and they try to get me out of there my phone won't turn on. Turns out someone broke the power button, so I end up getting the whole thing replaced. Sweet!

I now have my phone back and feel much better. I know it's an addiction, but it could be worse...my nose isn't covered in white powder and I won't get maggots in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment