Monday, October 3, 2011

Hello Fall

The past few weeks have been so hectic; I haven't felt like I've even had a moment to breathe. I've been meaning to write a new post for a while, but I have just had so much to do (Terra Nova testing, report cards, meetings, social outings, grad work, being a mommy, etc...). Since we have parent-teacher conferences today I don't have to be in so early, so I have a moment to blog while the monkey man plays with his toys.

This may be rare, but I love living in Indiana. We have a "big" city and compared to other cities everything is reasonably priced, but the real reason I love this state is the changing of the seasons. Sure, everyone gripes when it's too hot, too cold, too dry, too snowy, too wet... but I personally love the change every few months brings. Last weekend fall officially began (even though I have been seeing the hints of fall for a few weeks before that). I started listing things I love about fall and thought I'd share.

  • Light fog over the fields in the early morning
  • Snuggling under a blanket with Michael and Dylan
  • Crisp fall mornings
  • Apple cider (hot, cold, slushie style)
  • Browning corn fields
  • Firepits and fireplaces
  • Strong scent of cinnamon
  • Cozy sweaters
  • Warm boots
  • Scarves
  • Sleeping in (not that it happens much)
  • Visits to the pumpkin patch and apple orchard
  • Our big Halloween party every year
  • Thanksgiving
  • Mums
  • Leaves changing colors
  • Walking under falling leaves
  • Walking through crunchy leaves
  • Big family reunion
  • Trip to Nashville, IN
  • Carmel Apples
  • We're even closer to Christmas
These are just a few things I could think of. If you live somewhere the seasons change I hope you can find something to enjoy about fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment